Armenian Branch of ME&A Inc
TITLE: Intern for Data Analysis
DURATION: Up to 10 months after award of the contract
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The incumbent in the position of Intern for Data Analysis will serve under the general direction of the ASPIRED Project Chief of Party. As part of this Statement of Work, the intern will assisst the ASPIRED Project team on the activities to provide for better data organization required for calibration of the Decision Support System (DSS) for management of the Ararat Valley water resources. This will improve the incumbent’s skills in data organization and hydrologic analyses, using advanced approaches and tools.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intern will work with the ASPIRED team during implementation of the following tasks:
- Data organization in Ms Excel spreadsheets and Ms Access tables;
- Analysis of time-series data on hydrology and meteorology;
- Organization of tabular data as input for Hydrological and Climate Change Models of the DSS;
- Organization of spatial datasets within the GIS as an input for the DSS;
- Generation of raster images on precipitation, evapotranspiration, and natural flow using the Hydrological Model of the DSS;
- Calculation of the water balance for a river basin using the Hydrological Model of the DSS;
- Determination of the ecological flow using the DSS;
- Calculation of the water supply and demand balance for a river basin using the Hydrological Model of the DSS;
- Assessment of the water quality using the DSS based on surface and groundwater quality data;
- Analysis of the historical trends and generation of projections on the change of precipitation, air temperature and river flow using the Climate Change Model of the DSS.
– University degree (bachelor’s or master’s) in Hydrology, Computer Science, Geography, Geology or any other related field;
– Computer literacy in Ms Office, databases;
– Analytical skills and strong attention to details;
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
– Knowledge of English language is highly desirable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position title (“Intern for Data Analysis”) in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from phone calls.
OPENING DATE: 14 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 December 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: ME&A Inc. is a consulting firm in Bethesda, Maryland, USA with nearly 30 years of experience in international development. The primary client of ME&A has been the US Agency for International Development (USAID).